Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week (on Tuesday, obviously) they post a different topic and we create a list of our top ten for that topic. This Tuesday’s is the Top Ten All time Favorite Book characters.
1) Amanda Cynster in On a Wild Night by Stephanie Lauren
This feisty little blond is cunning and knows how use her womanly influence to snare in her prey. I really enjoyed her because she took the bull by the horns and went after the only guy who makes her heart beat and I think we tend to forget that if we want something badly enough, it’s okay to do just about anything to get it…as long as it doesn’t violate any laws
2) Blue Bailey in Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
This grape-lollypop-eyed missy is living for herself and does what she pleases without thinking about the consequences, maybe that’s selfishness I say independence but it doesn’t mean she’s an ice queen because even as strong as she is, she knows that sometimes you have to take a leap.
3) Arnie in What’s eating Gilbert Grape by Peter Hedges
A boy who lives in a world nobody really grasps can prove to be tiring but you cannot deny that his antics put a smile on your face and make you think that the grass really is greener on the other side.
4) Maddie Dupree in Tangled Up in You by Rachel Gibson
A woman who stands her guard when push comes to shove, this sassy journalist will get her story even if it means breaking a few hearts on the way and we must not forget her trusty gadgets like a pen-Taser to scare off any suspicious characters.
5) Coraline in Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Who says adults have all the fun? A girl who meets every challenge no matter how frightening they may be to protect herself and the life she once had, this girl possesses the utmost chivalry knights wished they had.
6) Amy in Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This fiery redhead has a mouth going a thousand miles and minute and doesn’t let anyone belittle her ideas for anything. Along with her admirable detective skills she will fight to right wrongs.
7) Rory Deveaux in The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Spunky teen with a weird sense of humour that makes you all the more curious as to what else she is hiding.
8) Remy in This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
A tough girl trying to get by without any complications always make me smile because nothing will ever go their way, but are generally happy to have received a lesson. She wants to be in control and on top of things, but secretly wishes she can just let go and let it be. A know-it-all-in-relationships finds herself wondering if she truly knows it all.
9) Ben in My Name is Memory
This wise individual can be mysterious for he knows more than he lets on, but will go far enough to help a friend in need no matter how far that person is.
10) Sarah Moorehouse in Sleepless at Midnight by Jacquie D’Alessandro
Gives the pretty girls a run for their money because looks can only get you so far, but personality wins the race. This plain Jane has a unique quirkiness which makes you laugh and admire as you cheer her on to obtain her goal.
I couldn’t figure out which order I wanted to place these lovely characters in, so I decided to just put them in alphabetical order to save me any stress and heartache over it. I already stressed enough about who actually made my final cut haha. Mind you. This list will probably change in a few months, but for now, here are my favourites. Why are they my favourites? Partly love-at-first-sight, mostly because they’re BAMFs, and maybe a tiny dash of “I felt like I could relate to them”. (I couldn’t help it, I changed a character on my list when I realized I missed someone I adored!) :)
1. Cheshire Cat – Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
2. Tyler Durden – Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
3. Sherlock Holmes – Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
4. Robin Hood – Outlaw by Angus Donald
5. May Kasahara – The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
6. Neville Longbottom – Harry Potter by JK Rowling
7. Luna Lovegood – Harry Potter by JK Rowling
8. Remus Lupin – Harry Potter by JK Rowling
9. Dr. John Watson – Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10. Fred & George Weasley – Harry Potter by JK Rowling